Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) of Japan offers scholarships to international students who wish to study Undergraduate and Postgraduate studies in Japan. The aim of this scholarship is to bridge friendship between Japan and Jordan. We are looking for students who will contribute to the development of both countries and the wider world.
If you are interested, please carefully read the application guidelines and submit your paper application with necessary documents to our Cultural Section at the Embassy of Japan. Please make sure not to use last year's application forms. Application deadline: (21 June, 2018 / 14:00)
Scholarship for Postgraduates (Research Students)
- Application Form
- Research Plan
- Placement Preference
- Recommendation Form
- Certificate of Health
- Letter of Acceptance
- ALL DOCUMENTS MUST BE IN ENGLISH or in Japanese. If they are in Arabic, you must provide an official translation into English at the time of your application
- Please do not forget to attach a copy of your passport when you submit the application
- Minimum average for Postgraduates : Minimum 70% average, or 2.8/4 GPA on graduation
- If your graduation is after the deadline, you can still apply to MEXT 2019 scholarship but you have to provide an “Expected-to-Graduate” letter. Please read the guidelines document carefully for details
- Examinations and interviews are held only once at Japanese Embassy in Jordan. There are no resist for any reason
- All applicants have to take a Japanese language exam. Getting a good result is a plus
- Health Certificate can be obtainable from any officially practicing Jordanian Doctor/Lab.
Please carefully read all the guidelines and regulations in the attached files
***The application window for the 2019 MEXT Scholarship Programme for the Syrians is now open!